I just copy and paste it from Word (or any program that gives a symbol insert drop down). ° – or you can hold the ALT key and type 0176 on your numeric keypad (the one on the right of the keyboard or embedded on a laptop).
Furthermore, how do you find the degree symbol in Word?
Insert the degree symbol by using a keyboard shortcut
- Place the cursor where you want to insert the degree symbol.
- On your keyboard, press Alt + 0176. Note: This method works only for keyboards that include a 10-key numeric pad.
How do you get the degree symbol in Word 2007?
Follow these steps:
- Choose AutoCorrect Options from the Tools menu.
- In the Replace box, enter a mnemonic you want to use, such as "<o>" (without the quote marks).
- With the insertion point in the With box, hold down the Alt key as you type 0176 on the numeric keypad..
- Click on Add.
- Click on OK.
What is the character code for degree symbol in Word?
To insert an ASCII character, press and hold down ALT while typing the character code. For example, to insert the degree (º) symbol, press and hold down ALT while typing 0176 on the numeric keypad. You must use the numeric keypad to type the numbers, and not the keyboard.