What are the 8 body cavities?
- Body Cavaties. Essential function of body cavities:
- Serous Membranes. Line of body cavities and cover organs.
- Thoracic Cavity. Right and left pleural cavities (contain right and left lungs)
- Ventral body cavity (coelom)
- Abdominopelvic Cavity.
- Abdominopelvic cavity.
- Retroperitoneal space.
- Pelvic cavity.
Simply so, what are the five cavities of the body?
- Body Cavities. Spaces that hold organs.
- Dorsal. One of the main body cavities.
- Cranial. holds the brain.
- Spinal. holds the spinal cord.
- Ventral. One of the main body cavities.
- Thoracic. holds the heart, lungs, and major blood vessels.
- Abdominal. holds the organs of the digestive and urinary systems.
What are the cavities of the body?
- Dorsal body cavity. cranial cavity, enclosed by the skull and contains the brain. spinal canal, enclosed by the spine and contains the spinal cord.
- Ventral body cavity. thoracic cavity, enclosed by the ribcage and contains the lungs and heart. abdominopelvic cavity.
What are the major cavities of the human body?